Old February 2nd 04, 10:02 PM
fudog50

I know it's the media, that was my point, thanks Kevin.

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 11:32:00 -0500, "Kevin Brooks"
wrote:

"fudog50" wrote in message
.. .
I don't know any, but recently all the media has been printing
about Guardsmen is they are squealing about having to get called up
for duty. The articles are from SOLDIERS (guardsmen) bawling about,
"this isn't what we signed up for".
LOL, if this is true, I refuse to believe that a grown man
that has reaped all the benefits (pay, education, etc.) would howl
about fulfilling his end of an oath to his country and contract that
he signed and swore to.

Beware believeing the media's attempts to find the minority whiners and
portray them as representing the majority. If you go through the numbers for
ARNG units activated for ODS you will find an extremely high rate of
participation in the units that were called up. We have seen a significant
number of units activated for the current ongoing operations, and AFAIK the
result is the same. I recently ran into a guy who just finished an active
duty stint with his unit--his only gripe was that his unit was not allowed
to do their real combat mission and instead had been siphoned off to perform
security support here in CONUS. I know of two units from this state that are
in Iraq for the second time (having also done the ODS tour years ago), and a
lot of their members have made both trips, with no reported whining in the
press (I have little doubt some of them would rather be back home by now,
having deployed at about the same time the war kicked off, but wouldn't YOU
feel the same?).

Brooks

On 02 Feb 2004 03:35:02 GMT, (Tom Cervo) wrote:

An odd thing about politicians. When Clinton was in office and he came

to the
Pentagon to make a speech, the brass had to force people to attend. That

was
NOT the case with either Bush (41) or Bush (43). The troop like

President
Bush.
Period.

How many Guardsmen do you know?