Old August 30th 11, 04:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Revisiting the Cambridge Model 20 OLC failures...

I, too, have been having problems submitting my files recorded by a Model 20
GPS. In the past, Juergen has fixed them for me, too.

I have found through experimentation that, if I validate and submit the same
file THREE TIMES, it will fail validation on the server twice and will be
accepted the third time. Of course, I have to delete the first two
submissions after they fail and before resubmitting. I have no explanation
but it seems to work for me.

I have to ask: Why do I need to upgrade my hardware? What was done to the
server software which makes my logger no longer create valid files? This
would never be acceptable in a business setting...

"Paul Remde" wrote in message
Hi,

How exactly are you using SeeYou? You should be able to open the .cai
file (not the .igc file) in SeeYou and then save it as a .igc file.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"Westbender" wrote in message
Has anyone figured out a way to submit valid igc files from these
devices? For the last few seasons, everything was working fine. This
year, about 3 out of every 4 OLC postings produce an invalid status.
The OLC folks have been nice enough to fix the log file status, but
they cannot continue to do this. What's the secret? We've tried See
You as well as the DOS command line utilities. Same results no matter
which method we use.