Old August 30th 11, 01:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Westbender

Default Revisiting the Cambridge Model 20 OLC failures...

Latest reply from Hannes @ OLC:

"the file attached to Your mail is valid. The g-record may consist of
1 or more lines starting with a G. I really donīt understand, why the
file sometimes is found invalid and without any change it sometimes is
found valid. A mysterium of Cambridge files.

Our program is working with following steps:

1. It finds a cambridge file derived from a Cambridge 10/20/25 logger
(this file must contain also the cai file (added by means of Carl
Ekdahls program c2i4o11.exe or manually with cai2igc.exe
2. It excerpts the cai file and
3. It compares the cai file and the igc file
4. If both files are found congruent, the file will be marked as igc
valid
5. If it finds any differences it will be marked as invalid

So the first condition is, that the CAI File itself is valid, which is
checked by vali-cam.exe
The second condition is, that the CAI file is converted into a normal
IGC file with conv-cam.exe
The third condition is, that the CAI file is added to the normal IGC
file with cai2igc.exe

So far clear?

Now the program of Carl Ekdahl c2i4o11.exe still produces an igc file
which has a wrong file name, because it sets a B (for 2011) in the
beginning of the file name, instead of a 1 (for 2011). So if You use
the Ekdahl program, please change the file name from e.g. b8scxxxx.igc
to 18scxxxx.igc and this file should be igc valid for olc,"