Old February 9th 12, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

Default Transponder reminder: 1202, do NOT ident unless requested by ATC

On Feb 8, 10:33*am, Rick Fuller
wrote:
I was shown a set of initial documentation changes back in May 2011. *Don't
know if the final changes were similar. *I'd be happy to send anyone a ..pdf
copy of those changes. *Email me at rick dot fuller at cox dot net for a
copy.

Rick "CL"

Dave:

I went to the FAA web site to look for the new order which should be
JO 7110.66E, but found nothing but the old order (just subtract one
letter from the end of the one I've just mentioned.) *One would think
that the Feds would have the current order posted along with the
effective date. *On the other hand they may be waiting until Feb. 9 to
make it available on the internet to the un-washed masses.
I'll check again after that date.

Zulu- Hide quoted text -

On 2 Feb 2012, Notice JO7110.577 was signed out by the FAA informing
all ATC facilities to monitor the 1202 Glider Code, effective on 7
March 2012.

I could only find 7110.66D which lists the 1201 code for gliders.
There is an internal FAA Change Notice Document dated May 2011 to
change AIM, FARs and 7110.65 plus other FAA Documnets to the 1202
code, effective 9 Feb 2012.