Old October 6th 03, 03:29 PM
Mike Stramba

(Martin Hellman) wrote in message . com...

Aside from the lack of engine noise, I also prefer soaring to power
flight because you don't have to go anywhere. Power pilots don't just
circle over a mountain, burning 10+ gallons of fuel an hour, going
nowhere. But, if there's lift over that mountain, a glider pilot can
enjoy hanging out there, marveling at the view before moving on to the
next lift.

Not in my case. Being only a "renter" power pilot, most of my flights
have *not* been "to" a specific destination, but have been "sight
seeing".

I *have* circled over my house / neighborhood, and golf courses are
another favorite g. Niagara Falls was another site to see, and
circling over my cousin's cottage was another. (Would have landed ....
if I'd been in a floatplane ! g)

Mike