Old March 1st 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Is this the death of GA

"Maxwell" luv^2^fly^99@^cox.^net wrote in news:Gyeyj.7451$QC.2210
@newsfe20.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"Jay Honeck" wrote in

It's not just me doing it -- it's our FBO. And a dozen or more
aircraft owners on our field alone.

They would appear to be breaking the law, if you consider city code
of Iowa City "the law."

13-4-3: REFUELING AND DEFUELING AIRCRAFT:

The following general rules shall govern refueling, defueling, oil
service and sumping of aircraft and placing fuels in storage tanks

or
dispensers:

A.Aircraft Not To Be Running Or In Enclosed Space: No aircraft

shall
be refueled, defueled or oil serviced while aircraft engines are
running, when aircraft is being warmed by application of heat or

when
aircraft is in a closed hangar or a congested or an enclosed space.

So, if I'm reading this right, having a 40-foot by 25 foot front of
the building (AKA: a bi-fold door) open (as in, the front of the
building is missing), we are not refueling in a "closed hangar, or a
congested or an enclosed space."

Thanks for clarifying this, Stella. I'm glad the statutes support

our
actions.

We could alwasy ask the fire chief.....

http://www.icgov.org/fire/index.asp

Surely he could provide th edefinitve answer..

Bertie

Oh yeah, Bertie the Snitch.

Moi? Never.

You're an ass wipe.