Old November 9th 12, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Naviter Info

Default SeeYou for Android!

Getting SeeYou Mobile to run on Android is popular demand, especially these days. But please do consider Dan's comment below about the visibilty. I would also add that I would think twice before I would mount my main smartphone into the cockpit. The second most repaired item on Oudie is the USB plug because people bump into the plug with their knees all the time. It's not a big deal on Oudie. It's relatively strong, easily replaceable and not very critical (charging would normally still work). I wouldn't want to break it on my phone..

Long story short. It looks like we will have to do SeeYou Mobile for Android even if there really isn't a device which we could recommend whole heartedly.

Many may disagree, but there is nothing that beats the good old Windows CE based Oudie 2 in the sunny glider cockpit today. It's exactly the right size, perfectly bright enough, all neccessary cables are packed right into the package and it comes preloaded with software which is useful for beginners and world champions alike. You can literally turn it on and fly.

Sincerely,
Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots use
http://www.Naviter.com

On Friday, November 9, 2012 4:55:00 PM UTC+1, K wrote:
On Thursday, November 8, 2012 5:12:08 PM UTC-7, Naviter Info wrote:

We are excited beyond words:

http://www.naviter.com/2012/11/seeyou-for-android/

SeeYou for Android Phones and Tablets is here!

It comes hand in hand with SeeYou 5 which enables you to upload your flights comfortably to the SeeYou Cloud.

There's too much news to cover it all here. Please visit the totally renovated www.Naviter.com - Phones welcome!

If you happen to be in Utrecht, Holland or Beauchevain, Belgium this weekend please stop by. We'll demo it for you in person

Andrej Kolar

--

glider pilots use

http://www.Naviter.com

Can we expect to see See You Mobile for android some time in the future. Has anyone tried a tablet such as the Samsung Galaxy in the cockpit?