Old June 11th 09, 11:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
77

Default Very Nice Camera for Glider...Stills or HD Video

On Jun 10, 4:45 pm, wrote:
On Jun 10, 2:56 pm, wrote:

On Jun 10, 2:33 pm, wrote:

On Jun 10, 9:36 am, wrote:

Tom Serkowki had a post on May 14 about this camera. I bought one from
6th St Camera for $373 delivered. Got a 16 GB SD card from amazon
with a cute little USB reader (Transcend) for $44.

Camera is a Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS3. Great features include 12X
optical zoom, VERY wide angle 25mm, image stablization and HD video in
either AVCHD Lite or Movie MPEG. It has a nice quality Leica lens but
it is a pocket camera. I took some JPEG stills with this camera and a
6 year old Sony I have with a much better lens and the old Sony
produces sharper pictures but this little job is great for taking in
the glider. You can hold the camera in one hand while flying and the
image stabilization feature takes care of jumping around around of
image.

Click on this for an example of HD video on You Tube. Be sure to click
the HD button on lower right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTLogEyqXg4

Regards,

77

I'm not seeing any "HD" button. What am I missing?

When you get the picture box with the video in it on You Tube, there
are some small gray icons on the lower right under the video. One has
HD on it and the one to the right of that will play the video on the
full screen of your notebook. Hitting the escape key witll bring you
back to the smaller view.- Hide quoted text -

Hmmm... I have a feeling it's a browser thing (I'm using IE8 at work).
I'll try again from home(IE7). Thanks!

When I use IE8 I have to enable "run add on" to allow the Adobe Flash
player to operate. It then works fine for me.