Old August 29th 03, 06:04 PM
Jimmy Galvin

Also the finish seems to be fine.
"Gary Chenier" wrote in message
om...
"Jimmy Galvin" wrote in message

Hi All:
I built a grass strip on my property. I put up a windsock that I bought

from
Sporty's. It is 18"dia. x 8'1". I has only lasted about 4 months. There

are
vertical cracks all along the length and I'm sure it is not reading the

wind
properly anymore. It is constructed of "long-life polyester fabric with
double-stitched seams". Is this a normal life span of a windsock or

would
another type last longer?
Thank you,
Jimmy

Is the material ripped or is the finish on the material cracked? I
usually get about a year. I have tried socks from several different
sources and they all lasted about the same lenght of time. UV is the
worst but temp. extremes like we get here in Wisconsin is hard on them
too.