Old October 21st 04, 08:51 AM
sahelsteve

zatatime wrote in message news:

It'll have to be *loosely based on fact* given that 85% of the
research done has not been published. Anyway, as far as a plane being
able to fly on mogas, yes it is possible.

Brilliant.

Agricultural aircraft (crop dusters), or fire fighting
aircraft I think would be the best at doing this. An Ag-Cat is one
type of plane that could do this (and run on mogas) but I don't know
if it has a large enough carrying capacity to make it practical. Do
some research on crop dusting and fire fighting airplanes, study the
numbers and chose one or two that look plausible (don't forget they
can't be turbo-props or jets if you want them to burn mogas).

Thank you SO MUCH, z. I am indebted to you. If you like I will email
you the finished story - it is for the Fish Short Story competition
http://www.fishpublishing.com/ I will certainly credit you in any
success the piece has!
My own website is http://www.vooiceinthedesert.org.uk

Thanks again,