Old March 9th 05, 03:30 AM
John A. Weeks III

In article , Tiger
wrote:
Well instead of letting them freeze, we'll drive them to your place. 5
Pm Ok with you???

I think you miss the point. I don't want homeless people sleeping
in my front yard. I want to find nice housing for them. An
aircraft carrier can hold thousands, and they are built for war,
so they should be able to hold up to the every day wear and tear
from a community of homeless people.

One idea that people are working on is to convert the mountains
of shipping containers into pre-fab homeless housing. In the
case of an aircraft carrier, you have almost all of the facilities
you need right there, so there wouldn't be much conversion to do.
We could even stack containers on the flight deck and make a
high rise unit to increase the capacity of the housing.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com