Old January 20th 05, 05:48 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Peter wrote:

Does the owner of an N registered aircraft have the right to keep all
the maintenance records?

In the U.S., the owner frequently (probably usually) keeps the records. The
records are presented to the maintenance organization so that they can inspect
the records during the annual inspection process and make their own entries when
this or any maintenance work is performed.

Moreover, can the maintenance organisation say that they must keep a
copy, and charge me (whatever they like) for making a copy?

I've never heard of this being done in the States, but dealing with a shop here
is contractural. If a shop were to make this claim, the owner could choose to go
elsewhere.

George Patterson
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.