Old October 7th 04, 09:24 PM
kontiki

You are quite correct... thanks for the response. There are extensive
oil shale reserves over and above that liquid stuff we have in areas
of Alaska and off the coasts.

Nothing will be done however until we can eliminate the naysayers...
those who continually raise the argument that "our reserves are not
as big as Saudi Arabia's so why even bother?. Lets all just get used
to conserving and doing without (except politicians of course) and
someday [maybe] we'll have alternative forms..."

Using that logic the vast majority of people can argue that they will
never, ever have the vast monetary reserves that John Kerry or Oprah
Winfrey have (to name a few) so why even bother to work hard and try
to make more money??? Lets just all give up... plan to live simpler
lives, go barefoot and ride bikes like other 3rd world countries and
just shut up and vote for John Kerry and be happy about it.

Well apparently thousands of illegal immigrants a day come here for
a better life than they have in their country so I guess they haven't
gotten the message yet.