Old October 7th 04, 09:32 PM
Gig Giacona

"kontiki" wrote in message
Up above $53/barrel now.... Can we *puhleeeze* start developing our own
oil
in Alaska; off the coast of Calif. and the gulf now??? Or should we
just
keep on doing what we are doing ... nothing... in total denial and keep
paying
out the anal cavity to other countries.

In my opinion it is way past time to start developing our own oil here at
home.
Put Americans to work and help our own economy at the same time and reduce
the trade deficit while we are at it. And why not start building a few
more
nuclear power plants to replace some aging fossil fuel plants????

But NO.... if the environmentalists have their way we'll be paying $20
a gallon for gas (GA will no longer exist) and we'll be reminiscing over
some ripped and out of date sectionals by candlelight.

We we could and it is a great idea to pay the $53/barrel to ourselves
instead of others BUT the problem remains that all of the refineries just
about everywhere are a 100% cap right now.

We need to build more refineries and you can blame the lack of them on the
Envirowacks.