Old October 8th 04, 01:55 AM
Bob Fry

kontiki writes:

Up above $53/barrel now.... Can we *puhleeeze* start developing our own oil
in Alaska; off the coast of Calif. and the gulf now??? Or should we just
keep on doing what we are doing ... nothing... in total denial and keep paying
out the anal cavity to other countries.

Sure. While we're at it, can we *puhleeeze* have a rational energy
policy that includes conservation, like raising CAFE standards? How
about encouraging solar energy panels for homes, especially in the
Southwest (Calif-Nevada-Ariz-NM-Texas-Col) via tax incentives? How
about dropping bogus political distractions like hydrogen for cars,
which is simply another *form* of energy, *not* new energy?

This country developed the atom bomb and sent men to the moon when it
wanted to...if we elect politicians with real honesty and courage, we
can *easily* do it again and become energy independent of the
middle-east.