Old January 31st 05, 06:31 AM
Adam Schneider

Default New high-res photos available in GPS Visualizer

A minor update regarding http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/ ...

The TerraServer folks have been quietly rolling out high-resolution
(and mostly color) 2002 satellite photos for additional cities, and
whenever they do, GPS Visualizer is able to take advantage of the new
imagery (with no intervention on my behalf). So I'm pleased to note
that the following areas are now covered by the snazzy new photos:

- Denver
- Huntsville
- Los Angeles/Orange County
- Louisville
- New Orleans
- Salt Lake City
- San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose
- Topeka
- Worcester, MA

This is in addition to the following areas which have been out there
for some time now: Albuquerque, Amarillo, Anchorage, Atlanta, Baton
Rouge, Charlotte, Chicago, Colorado Springs, Dallas/Fort Worth,
Detroit, El Paso, Fort Wayne, Fresno, Houston, Jackson, Knoxville,
Lexington, Lincoln, Lubbock, Mobile, Modesto, Montgomery, Oklahoma
City, Orlando, Portland (OR), Providence, Raleigh-Durham, Sacramento,
Saint Louis, Seattle, Shreveport, Springfield (MA), Stockton, Tampa/St.
Petersburg, Tucson, Washington (DC). Of course, the rest of the
country is covered by not-quite-as-high-resolution black-and-white
photos and topo maps.

And I wanted to remind people that in addition to being able to make
SVG maps from all kinds of GPS data files, GPS Visualizer can also
convert street addresses to coordinates, provided they're entered (and
spelled!) properly: http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/map?form=address
Non-U.S. addresses sometimes work, sometimes not.

As always, have fun, and let me know if you have any problems.

Adam Schneider
adamschneider.net

..