Old December 25th 17, 04:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Default Soaring Schools

On Sunday, December 24, 2017 at 8:32:25 PM UTC-7, Tim Taylor wrote:
Sorry, I don't know who Lee is. He seems to be spreading misinformation about a site he has never flown at. Anyone who has flown at Logan would know that all the valleys have many landable fields. If you have watched Bruno's videos you can see valleys along all the ridges we fly. As with any mountain site you should respect the area, but with a good briefing you should be able to fly some of the most outstanding alpine soaring in the world with thousands of square miles of alfalfa fields as well as many airports to land on. We are always glad to work with visiting pilots to share local knowledge and allow them to gain confidence in ridge and mountain soaring.

TT

Once I have my glider pilot's license, I may have to come pay you guys a few visits down in Logan. Watching you fly those mountain ridges is so inspiring!

I find it interesting how many twists and turns this thread has taken. A closely related question the comes to mind. What texts are recommended for the book work? Anything online? I seem to remember someone mentioning the FAA had a good educational text online on soaring.