Old May 12th 05, 03:49 AM
Bob Chilcoat

Freehold, NY (1I5) is the narrowest I've ever landed on - 22 feet. I
thought that Stroudsberg Pocono (N53) was narrow at 30 feet, but turning
final at Freehold, it just gets narrower the closer you get. The Cherokee I
was in at the time is 10' between the mains, but on that runway, it seems
like it's a lot wider. You really want to track the centerline. The grass
is cut, however.

In the Northeast in the winter, you have to watch the snowbanks on either
side of the runway. There have been times that I thought that a high wing
might be nice.

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message
What's the narrowest runway you've ever used? At what runway width are

you
comfortable? Among other things, I had an interesting experience

yesterday
with a runway that was far narrower than any I'd used before...