Old May 12th 05, 11:42 AM
Cub Driver

On 11 May 2005 07:57:14 -0700, "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

15 feet. I was bringing a J-3 home to its new owner and the guy asked
me to bring it to his airfield. It was paved (but cracking) but the
grass around it had grown up onto the runway. Putting a J-3 on a 15
foot wide runway it interesting because you can't see ahead of you (you
fly from the back) I lost sight of the runway just as the wheels
touched. I had to take it on faith that I was still on the runway. Once
I was at taxi speed I could taxi by looking straight down and watching
the wheel.

That's what wheelies are for!

(There is of course a point when the tail comes down. 15 feet is
pretty narrow for S turns!)

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum: