Old September 14th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave S

Default Cessna Cardinal 177 RG II v. Piper Arrow III (70s) v. Piper ArrowIII (brand new)

wrote:
Dan Luke wrote:

wrote:

Cardinal RG strikes me as just a tad faster/sleeker

It's slower by 10 knots...

Says who?

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

The POH

Also most of our club planes are brand new (8 years)... minus the
Cardinal and the Chieftains.

I seem to remember gettin 140-145 Knots true last time I flew the 177RG
last spring. Of course, with a 50 kt tailwind, I REALLY liked my ground
speed..

Dont base everything on the POH.. they can be overly optimistic at best
with regards to "cruise speed" and "top speed"

Dave