Old September 14th 16, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default OUDIE

On Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 10:48:40 AM UTC-5, waremark wrote:
Yes, without connection it is only able to work from gps altitude and the gps chip is not accurate when circling tightly. Ideally it should be connected to an external gps source as well as a smart vario to get both vario and position data more accurately. I found it useless without external data. In the old days of Winpilot the thermal maximiser was only available in the pro version which required smart vario data.

"Old days"? What Old Days? I'm still flying with WinPilot Pro and 302 and do not feel handicapped vs. the newer systems. Especially the Climb Maximizer is something of a secret weapon (don't tell anyone!).