Old September 14th 16, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default OUDIE

On Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 12:31:11 PM UTC-5, K m wrote:
On Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 7:24:17 AM UTC-6, wrote:

"Old days"? What Old Days?

Commonly referred to as "Back in the day", "Old school", "When you were just a sparkle in your mothers eye", or for those less sophisticated, "When you were still an itch in your daddy's pants". Hope this helps.

SYM will use the GPS position from your logger and pressure altitude from your instrument. There is a partial list here http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/software-pda.htm and I believe winds and TAS can also be input to SYM from certain instruments.

Now that was really helpful, KM, thanks so very much. My limited command of the English language is again very notable. As I understand it, WinPilot uses the very data you mention (from the 302) to determine immediate (vector) wind and precise position and pressure altitude for determining other parameters. SYM has nothing new over WinPilot.
Btw., at my younger age (and in my "old days") we made the vario tone with a recorder that we carried.