Old September 14th 16, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

Default OUDIE

It's interesting as this topic keeps on popping up.
I too keep going back to Windows version of WinPilot.
I also am very familiar with and used frequently SYM, XCSOAR but keep going back to Win Pilot which unfortunately is no longer supported.
There are more reasons than just the Thermal Assist here,although this feature is just more straight forward.
Both with SYM and XCSOAR running the Thermal Assist requires looking at the instrument, not with WP through . I can simply rely on the chime and glance at the arrow once about every turn or so if and when using this feature.
I have WP running on the now also discontinued Vertica2 PNA, something similar to the Oudie unit.
I suppose you could also run WP on an Oudie, however I'm not sure. (I know you can run XCSOAR on it but you can say goodbye to SYM than).
Than of course there is the Win Pilot IOS version whichhe keeps on changing. I never heard of anyone running it through. It would be nice to hear feedback but after the poor customer support, I guess people avoid it like the plaque.