Old January 3rd 08, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Blanche

Default FOI...lol... CFI oral?

Dudley Henriques wrote:
B A R R Y wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote:

The best approach to the oral is to of course know the material, but
arrive prepared to be able to explain complicated matters in everyday
terms. If there's one thing a GOOD examiner looks for in a CFI
applicant, its the ability to do this.

This is true for just about any teacher.

True enough. I found the more I taught people to fly, the better I got
at teaching people to fly. In the end, the student teaches you as much
about teaching as you teach them about flying.
Being a good CFI is indeed a two way street. :-)

--
Dudley Henriques

That's true of any topic. When I was teaching college level, I always
expected to learn more than my students. If I didn't learn something
new, either during prep or during class, then it was time for me to
stop teaching that class and find another.