Old March 24th 13, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default New Oudie with SeeYou Mobile

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 11:23:39 AM UTC+1, Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
At 03:01 24 March 2013, who's me? wrote:

Howdie All....

Would like some feedback from those operating the new and improved Oudie

with SeeYou Mobile.

Likes / Dislikes????

It will be use for contest flying taking the place of the 3000 series

iPAC

and GNII.

Thanks

Great piece of kit, wouldn't leave home without it! ..........particularly

with the new bright screen that lets me actually read the very useful and

staggeringly accurate (linked to CAI 302) information.

Dislikes: first time set up, decisions decisions decisions, which & how

much info do I want, where do i want it, what screen is it best displayed

on.........Oh and getting the 'knack' of sliding from one screen to

another.

Buy one.

Suggestion: Don't bother trying to slide the screens, setup a nav box (or a command box a the bottom) to toggle between map screens. A LOT easier.

Play with the font sizes and line color/widths to make the data easier to use.

DO NOT TURN ON EVERY POSSIBLE NAV BOX! Less is better, and if you don't have a vario hooked up to it, don't bother with the vario numbers.

Take it home and play with it, save your different profiles, and eventually you will find the setup you like.

Kirk
66