Old April 28th 19, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

Default Microphone Cabel

On Saturday, April 27, 2019 at 6:56:13 PM UTC-7, AS wrote:
On Saturday, April 27, 2019 at 9:15:19 PM UTC-4, Charlie Quebec wrote:
Suitable cable is available from pro sound suppliers, they call it Mic cable, ironically. The best brand is Canare, with two core and 2x2 core available.

Thanks guys! I was wondering if there is a preferred AWG or mm^2 for the leads one should not cut below.

Uli
'AS'

I use all the usual suspects (Mogami, Canare, Belden, Whirlwind, etc) at work, but would recommend using Tefzel microphone cable. Available from aviation or electronic suppliers. 22AWG will be fine. Get the two conductor plus shield stuff. If the microphone only has one conductor plus shield (unbalanced), connect the second conductor to the same place as the shield and it will help with noise reduction. Not as good as using a balanced microphone but better than nothing.
Jim