Old August 9th 17, 08:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathon May

Default Sustainer engine run

At 04:17 09 August 2017, Bob Gibbons wrote:
2 minutes on every 3rd flight.

19+ years, 1700 flight hours, and 10 engine hours in this period.

Bob

On Tue, 8 Aug 2017 18:55:11 -0700 (PDT), "Jonathan St. Cloud"
wrote:

Just curious, how long are the guys with solo 2350 sustainer

engines
running their engines before they depart on XC flights? I have

been
running the engine for about 30 seconds but I have no idea how

long it
should to run to be fully lub'ed and kept in good running condition.

---
http://www.avg.com

We run the motor in our duo for 30seconds to mark the trace.
There are some people will accuse you of using it on task if there is
no obvious mark.