Old October 19th 18, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default ASW-19 Maximum Weight

A simple weighing should put this all to rest.Â* Two bathroom scales
should get you very close if you don't have access to proper aircraft
scales.

1.Â* Weigh each wing separately using two bathroom scales.
2.Â* Weigh the fuselage separately using two bathroom scales, one under
each end of the wing leading edge.
3.Â* Weigh the horizontal tail separately using one bathroom scale.

The total of the above three is the total empty weight.

With a little juggling of the numbers and a few arithmetic steps you
should easily get your answers.

On 10/19/2018 12:19 PM, Jonathan Walker wrote:
At 17:19 19 October 2018, Ouroboros wrote:
Jonathan: I agree that the max weight without water shouldn't be

relevant,
but I'm not the one that needs to be convinced. The last two people to do
weight and balance for this glider both used the number from the TCDS.

805-609=196 lbs max pilot weight.

How do I convince someone to ignore the number in the TCDS?

You need to do the sums and see what the max pilot weight comes out at
first. ie. the max non lifting part less the current non lifting parts. It
may be that comes to 196lbs or have you already done those numbers? Without
this you cannot move forward. It could even be that the max pilot weight is
less than 196lbs!!!!

If the previous paperwork doesn't have the current weight of the non
lifting parts then there would be a suspicion that the calculations haven't
been done correctly. Not uncommon.....

--
Dan, 5J