Old January 7th 15, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default What is the L/D penalty of outside mounted GoPros?

On Tuesday, January 6, 2015 6:19:33 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Bruno-

Forgive the bit of thread drift....

What mount is that you have on your glareshield in your latest video? Always enjoy watching your video!

Thanks for the kind remarks Jeffrey. I made it myself. Piece of shaped balsa wood painted black, velcro from WalMart, 1/4" screw to fit into GoPro Camera mount threaded base, pipe teflon on screw to make camera not turn on its own.

Andy - I have had mixed results with the lenses. At this point, I am aiming for the clearest quality as possible, it would be nice to see all instruments on panel clearly.

Also, thanks Surge for the software suggestion - I will check it out!

Bruno -B4