Old March 2nd 17, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default 304 versus Discus B

My first ship 30+ years ago was a Glasflugel Mosquito. I absolutely
loved the trailing edge dive brakes.

On 3/1/2017 5:55 PM, Del Jensen wrote:
Is this a CZ or Orignal?

RR

It is a Glasflugel made in '80. I hear the HpH ships are excellent, but the newer stuff is a bit out of reach price-wise. I really like the trailing edge brakes on the 304. In fact, I was looking at 90 degree flapped gliders, but I just don't fit into the ones I looked at. Maybe I'll find that kind of glide path control becomes a crutch, though. You guys flying long winged (and sometimes weak braked) ships have much finer honed skills than I can hope to achieve. The kestrel-17 (Glasflugel, not Slingsby) was a real pussy cat: even I could handle it. I loved it, but it was s Beast from Hell to rig.

--
Dan, 5J