Old January 7th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tony

Default Ground effect effectiveness

What a reference!

Thanks for a great lead -- it will help me avoid making at least some
stupid mistakes. I'm sure to make some others in the story, but it
won't be the fault of this reference.

I doubt that anyone buy into the idea that the because the airplane was
painted sky blue it would be lighter -- but a long wingspan powered
glider 5 feet above the ocean surface: that would work, so long as it
avoids boat masts.

If you see that in a technothriller next year, you can smile knowing
you played a part.

On Jan 7, 12:27 pm, Larry Dighera wrote:
On 7 Jan 2007 09:11:36 -0800, "Tony" wrote in
.com:

I haven't found a decent reference for this -- can anyone help?What you seek is probably contained within this great resource:http://aerodyn.org/summary.html