Old August 6th 05, 03:44 AM
George Patterson

Larry Dighera wrote:

We need to provide astute arguments that will dissuade
the FAA from adopting the permanent closure of 2,000 square miles of
airspace first.

I agree with this, as far as it goes, but I still think from reading that
proposal that the FAA is a *very* reluctant partner in this effort. If so, our
efforts should also be spent on pressuring Congress.

I'd bet this whole thing is the brainchild of some of those Congresscritters
who're POed about the recent evacuations. They just discovered that they can't
put anyone in jail over those, and they want to "fix" that.

George Patterson