Old January 12th 15, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default Minutes of Fall 2014 USA Rules Committee meeting posted on SSA website

And speaking of the Law of Inintended Consequences, by the new planned definition from 3.23 "Living Will for Dying Nationals", the 2014 Open Class Nationals would not have been permitted? The contest had 9 people entered. Everyone flew every day. Last place at the end of the contest had 63.5% of the winners score. Valid Nationals requires at least 8 people to have greater than 40% of the winners score at the end of the contest. Requirement met. Now, there is a proposal to not let a contest start unless you have at least 10 (minimum that will get at least 40% of the winners score plus 2) or maybe as low as 7 (if everyone entered has a 92 or above ranking)?

I guess I missed something. If we are combining contests at a given site, why are we also bumping up the minimum number of people required to even start the contest? BB, I see this listed as your request. Would you be willing to explain, here or in private?

Thanks,
Steve Leonard