Old October 27th 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Regs regarding "VFR flight following?" (also: "need to vent")

Paul kgyy wrote:

: I've had this happen over Milwaukee. Granted, it's a busy class C, but
: the like to vector me 10 miles out over Lake Michigan, which I do NOT
: like.

Funny you mention MKE... that's one of the Charlies that *always* does it
to me. I generally fly into Capitol (02C) just to the northeast of Waukesha coming
from Chicago. Again, I'm generally flying 1000' under their Charlie, about 2-3
miles from the inner SFC veil. *IF* I talk to them, they try to vector me to the
west to get outside the lateral boundaries. If they tried to run me over the lake,
it would be a definite "unable."

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D., PPSEL-IA *
* Electrical Engineering *