Old August 15th 17, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default The Cobra "Ramp Grind" - a fix

On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 1:28:09 PM UTC-7, bumper wrote:
On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 10:08:53 AM UTC-7, Sean Fidler wrote:

I bought this product in Uvalde, installed it today and it works great, as advertised.

Cobra should take notice.

Sean

Sean,

Thanks for the review!

I'm told that Cobra was told about the issue a few years back, and they added the plastic washers. That helped, but didn't last long or keep the bolt threads from damaging the tracks. My SRS should last longer than the trailer. There are plans to show the SRS to Spindelberger. I can supply them, or they can copy the design. For me, it's not about money.

I enjoy the challenge of inventing stuff - and I like to share - and yes, there's some pride involved. The tooling and fixtures to make things efficiently is also fun. But when it comes down to actually making things production line, it can start feeling like work if it gets too demanding. That was the reason behind my removed the MKIV yaw string and Quiet Vent from distribution (Cumulus Soaring was doing too good a job.) I still sell all my things direct.

And I'm not bored with the SRS quite yet, sold and orders pending over 120 sets in a month with no real advertising! I'm still amazed :c)

(Thanks Dave Nadler for spreading the joy at Uvalde!)

bumper

I get a smile every time I pull the ramp out. Having a difficult day today, thinking of driving out to glider port just to hear the silence as I slide the ramp out!