Old December 21st 17, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Relieving in flight

Fidel told me that the reason he wears rubber gloves during annuals is
because the gliders with an external relief tube are "Nasty". Translate
that to corrosion of lower rudder hinge, tail wheel axle and bearings,
main landing gear, etc.

On 12/21/2017 2:32 AM, Paul Ruskin wrote:
On Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 4:01:31 AM UTC, JS wrote:
Seems best to install a conduit to push a tube attached to the catheter through, extending it beyond the laminar flow.

How far out do you need to go for the urine to miss the glider?

Transfix external catheters, with an external tube (from the BGA website for the Brits) work well for me.

Paul

--
Dan, 5J

---