Old July 16th 03, 11:50 AM
Scott

What good is a ground plane??? An air plane is much more fun Sorry,
couldn't resist...

Actually, what kind of installation are you planning that would elevate
the antenna above your ground plane? Is it a composite airplane and you
plan to put an antenna on the vertical stab top or something and the
ground plane laid into the composite on the turtle deck or something?

Hey Jim (Weir)...isn't that idea something similar to a Ringo Ranger II
(I have several) where the "ground radials" are connected via a piece of
coax that I believe is about 1/2 wavelength long?

Scott N0EDV
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com
Building RV-4
Gotta Fly or Gonna Die!

Frank wrote:

Can any one tell me how much signal I will lose if the ground plane is not
directly under the radiating element? What if I have to move it 2' away,
although still tied to co-ax shield?