Old January 26th 08, 01:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default A BFR question

And people wonder why I left CAP.

Yep, Joe and I left it, too -- mostly for reasons described here.

In fact, our whole squadron dissolved because of this kind of stuff. You
just can't get anything *done* in CAP without filling out tons of pointless
paperwork -- and that applies to everything, from moving the squadron's van
(from one parking spot to another), all the way up to getting an aircraft.
Eventually you just throw up your hands and move on.

It takes a very, very patient pilot, with virtually unlimited amounts of
time, to thrive in CAP.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA