Old July 23rd 12, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Standard Oudi and smoke tinted canopy?

On Sunday, July 22, 2012 4:31:59 PM UTC-5, shkdriver wrote:
Has anyone used the original OUDi under a smoke tinted thermotec canopy?
My glider has a tinted canopy and the sun load seems much lower than a
clear canopy.

Thanks,

Scott.

--
shkdriver

Scott,

I use my original Oudie under my clear no-tint canopy and in general don't have any issues seeing the screen. It is easier for me to see the details when I turn off the terrain background, which is not an issue for us flying here in the middle of the USA. I also have young eyes. I bet you'd see it just fine in your SHK but if you haven't decided before the Wichita vintage rally (you are coming, right???) then you're more than welcome to test it out with my original Oudie there.