Old December 25th 16, 09:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean[_2_]

Default JS3 chatter

Oh Evan,

FAI rules make US rules look like a liberal romper room. I would not be surprised if the US rules soon began mandating the handing out "participation trophies" and not even keep score. Good Job! With FAI, in start contrast to US rules, at least half of the tasks will be racing tasks (for good weather, could be 75% or more in Australia) and half "minimum possible/necessary radius" TAT (for poor weather). This ratio of tasking is exactly right and this is why the rest of the world (all counties other than the USA and Canada by default I guess) have happily adopted FAI rules as their rules for decades? What is truly "silly" is US rules (participation trophies and OLC tasking) and the people who drive them. It is so nice to be here in Australia for a FAI SGP (all racing tasks) and a FAI WGC which will be primarily about objective racing rather than subjective weather guessing, computer management, scoring software and luck.

Merry Xmas from Australia!

Sean
7T