Old April 15th 09, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gilbert Smith

Default G109B folded size

Paul Weeden wrote:

At 22:00 11 April 2009, Robert Hart wrote:
I am looking for a hangar that will accomadate a 109B that is on the way
but not yet here. Can someone tell me the length and width of a Grob

G109B
with the wings folded.

Robert

G109b fits nicely into a 40ft shipping container with the horz. stab.

removed.and the wings folded. steel container can be painted to suit your
airport. longer containers are now avaible, the companys that sell them
will usually buy them back, deliver/pickup.they are now quite cheap. lots
of them laying around, call a local shippimg co and ask who in your area
sells them. it takes but a small bit of dammage to make them usless to the
shippers. Paul

I could get very tired of fitting and removing the stab. Not good for
the skin on the back of your hands, and not a one man job.