Old October 29th 03, 09:57 PM
Colin Southern

Default Attn: Garmin GPS Users with Pacific International Databases - We need your help!

Hi,

I've discovered a potentially serious anomaly with large chunks of
controlled airspace having 'disappeared' from the map page of my GPS (GPSMAP
295). This appears to have occured after the GPS had both a firmware upgrade
(from 2.28 to 2.30) - and an aviation database upgrade (problem has existed
in the latest 2 aviation database updates)

I'm trying to work out if the problem is just with my unit, related to the
firmare upgrade, missing from the GPSMAP 295 version of the Jeppesen
Database, or missing from all versions of the Jeppesen Database.

If there are any users out there with Garmin GPSs with the Pacific
International Database loaded, could you please drop me an eMail at
so that I can get in touch directly and get you to quickly
look something up for me.

Garmin & Jeppesen are looking into the problem also.

Many thanks,

Colin Southern