Old October 6th 19, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 1-26E Aerobatics

On Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 6:12:27 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Correct....many airplane mfr's issued, "thou shall NOT do aerobatics in our planes" many years ago.....regardless of what the original cert or operating manual stated.
That whole, "poop happens, sue everybody" many Americans think they can sue peeps, so mfr's across the board sorta did the same thing, over ride whatever was issued decades ago and the aircraft are capable if maintained and done right...
If....

Granted, most SGS are decades old, most sit outside, no clue on maintenance.
The bulletins were issued more as a hurdle "in case of an incident" by the mfr's.....in my opinion....in case of a lawsuit.

I suppose it has something to do with my aging brain, but when I saw
the term "mfr" I mentally pronounced it em-eff-ars, and the first
word that came to mind wasn't "manufacturers". Then again, it's not
a bad fit in the context. Maybe I've been spending too much time
around Bobby Templin.

Jim Beckman