Old August 17th 20, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Another E glider concept

Ventus_a wrote on 8/16/2020 6:14 PM:
Jonathan St. Cloud;1027640 Wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIYU2zkGQFQ

Interesting concept although on first look got to wonder if he was
dreaming of an updated, stretched and powered 2 seat Salto that could
fly him to fame and fortune (just kidding about the fortune)

I hope someone will read the thesis and tell us the goal of the concept. It does
make me wonder if the current FES could be adapted to a three blade propeller,
with all blades external as they are now. Slightly higher drag when gliding, but a
50% increase in power capability by the propeller (or more ground clearance and
some power increase).