Old March 27th 04, 04:23 AM
UltraJohn

Actually I just looked up the current requirements and that would not work!
I have found a site (www.solarseller.com) that carries the Solar
Converters, inc line of converters.
(model cv 12/24 - 50r24 looks to be what your need but check with them) it
appears to cost around $175.00 I don't know how cost effective that is!
Just a possibility
John

UltraJohn wrote:

Hummmmm
If you take a ceap 12v to 110 ac power inverter from Radio Shack and tack
a 24-30 volt bell transformer with a rectifier and filter on the output
you could make your own 12v to 24 volt dc converter for about $20-$30
dollars. Ask Jim Weir if he can come up with a project ;-)
John

Richard Riley wrote:

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 23:57:43 GMT, rip
wrote:

:No. A 28 volt pitot on a 14 volt system will only develop 1/4 of the
:design wattage. I feel your pain; the price of pitot tubes these days is
:absolutely, downright obscene.
:
:Rip
:
:B2431 wrote:
: Will running a 28 volt pitot tube heat on 12 volts heat it enough to
: use? I keep seeing 28 volt pitot tubes on e-bay and was wondering if
: they would do the job.

Keep watching Ebay, I picked up a 12 and a 24 as a package for $18,
new old stock.