Old August 31st 05, 12:01 AM
Tim Mara

you can Hydro test anything.......even a Pepsi can.......but you cannot
legally fill oxygen bottles in the USA without the DOT approval and stamp.
tim

"Gary Evans" wrote in message
German 02 bottles can be hydro tested at the following
facility. Just had mine done and the cost was $47.50
plus shipping.

TYM's
414 West Arbor Vitae Street
Inglewood, Ca 90301
310-673-3330
Fax 310-673-0580

At 18:18 30 August 2005, wrote:
The only test and recertification station to serve
Utah refuses to test
and fill the german factory bottles for the DG-400
since they do not
have a USA DOT stamp on them. The official regulations
(which he
showed me) state that foreign bottles without the DOT
stamp can only be
tested for 'EXPORT' use. ie, airliner, ship, etc....leaving
the USA
for its use. Oxygen suppliers theoretically should
not even be filling
the bottles without the DOT stamp on them. I got two
bottles out of
date and the last one nearing out of date ( so far
I have local
airports filling them if the date stamp is ok, they
don't know about
the DOT stamp requirement regarding refills.) On the
DG-400 as most of
you know the bottle which has a smaller diameter than
USA bottles and
fits in a fiberglass sleeve that threads its way from
the cockpit past
the fuel tank without much room to spare. 90% of my
flight time is on
Oxygen in the Rockies so it is getting critical to
solve this stalmate
with oxygen bottle testing. DG-400 owners, what are
you doing to solve
this problem???