Old August 22nd 03, 03:08 AM
Roger Halstead

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:33:12 GMT, (Badwater
Bill) wrote:

Anybody out there ever build a Lanciar IV? How tough is it to build
the Lancair IVP? I mean, I know it will take 3 years to do but how
tough is all the glass work?

If I built one, I'd put that Walter turbine in it and get 360 knots at
30,000 msl out of it. Now, that baby scoots.

And it's one of the prettiest planes ever built with maybe the
exception of its baby brothers the 320 and 360.

I don't have any experience with the Lancair, but I'll bet it's a
whale of a lot less work than the G-III. That's not to say it doesn't
take a few thousand hours though :-))

After a couple of years my G-III is almost up to the point of a jump
start kit right our of the box. OTOH if I spent an honest 8 hours a
day on the thing I think it'd be ready to fly in a *relatively* shot
time. (like maybe next spring or summer)

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

BWB