Old March 10th 09, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tony

Default *********A DEFENCE FOR MXMORAN***********

On Mar 10, 12:01*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
a writes:
Your view of expert instructions is very limited. Why not read the
release completely, then tell me which of those who were giving him
advice were not expert?

I have. *I don't know if they were experts or not, but they were not giving
expert instruction, certainly not expert instruction in piloting.

The point I am making, and this crash demonstrates it, is even when
someone knows enough and has been trained in a given airplane, he or
she can get into trouble, and expert advice from the ground was unable
to resolve the matter. Your claim is that someone with MSFS experience
without actual cockpit time could do better, with the assumption that
a qualified expert -- more expert than the F18 instructors that were
used in this case in any event -- could be found.

In the scenario I've discussed, there's nothing wrong with the aircraft.
Abnormal procedures can stump even the best pilots, but in a normally
functioning airliner, anyone can land it with the automation available. If the
only problem is incapacitation of the pilots, the outlook for a safe landing
is quite good.

As I've pointed out, you've won, you've gotten the on line attention
you seek.