Old December 23rd 09, 10:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Gardner

Default contrails

On Dec 23, 5:32*am, "
wrote:
On Dec 22, 9:28 pm, Frank Whiteley wrote:

http://www.nature.com/news/2009/0912...2009.1157.html

In part, given the massive fraud shown by the information that has
come out of the UK's East Anglia University's Climate Research Center,
I can not believe a word of this article.

Don't be silly.

It may be 100% correct it may be 100% false, I choose to believe it is
false. Any conclusion about climate that is based on the idea of man
made global warming now must be viewed with a very skeptical eye.

"There's none so deaf as them's won't hear"

A large part of the climate research comunity has lost its validity.
They need to start over and be truly transparent and honest for a long
time before they will ever, if ever, regain the trust of the general
public let alone their peers.

That's an irrational overreaction.

The data for the world's climate, whatever its present state and
future trend, is too importent to be subject to the politicaly driven
manipulation that has occured over the last several decades.

Now there I agree with you, but you really ought to mention
the other driver: *commercial* interest. There's an awful (pun
intended) lot of mis-information, black and white propaganda
generated by those with a money-flow that is threatened by
climate change.