Old April 23rd 11, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default Spot 2 at Costco

On Apr 23, 6:39*am, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

Are you certain is was a SPOT 2 and not an old SPOT 1 they were "dumping"..
All dealers must adhere to a minimum advertised price of $149.95 or they
will lose their dealership. *I suspect that was a one store deal that won't
last long.

While dealers are constrained to "advertise" no lower than MAP they
are not constrained to sell at MAP and there are creative ways to get
round this like "put in basket to see real price". Since Costco is a
member only outlet I doubt that MAP applies to them. People that shop
there often will have become wise to the fact that, while they sell
the same electronics products that can be purchased elsewhere, they
are often packaged with a different model number and some tiny
difference in package contents.

Andy